Tuesday, December 9, 2008

1 week from Thursday

I am so excited to be leaving town 1 week from Thursday! Jared has not been to Houston in a year and I haven't been back since March. We are going to my brother's graduation in Baton Rouge and then are going to spend some time with my grandparents in Mobile. I haven't seen my Meme and Poppy since our wedding and I am so proud of Andrew for graduating from LSU! We are going to have a long drive home from Alabama, though! We can't wait to see family and friends when we get back!

I am almost done with school stuff....Teaching in Irvine, Masterclass, and a rehearsal with the percussionist I am playing with on his recital Wednesday, Jury, last Theory class Thursday, and I am playing on an oboe jury Friday. My last accomplishment will be a paper for my theory class due before I leave town on the 18th. I auditioned for the concerto competition last night and didn't win...bc wind players never have a chance against pianists and violinists....two winners from each of those categories again...oh well....but I had fun performing my piece! :)

No comments: