Sunday, October 4, 2009

I love LA and all...

BUT until today, it still felt like summer. I think I was having a hard time transitioning in to "work mode" from "summer mode" because it has been so warm. I was not focusing on my flute practicing like I should have been and did not prepare enough for the two youth orchestra auditions that I had this past month. In turn, I did not play the best that I could have. This is so disappointing after the fact because I really want to have an orchestra to play with. This is my own damn fault and I hate being aware of this! I have just been so distracted!!!

Jared pointed out to me yesterday that now I have a clear gauge of if I did well or not, where as few years ago, I didn't know if I played well or not at an audition. It sucks way more now being able to tell when you didn't play something up to your potential. It also sucks knowing that the judges excused you because you didn't play well, and you knew you were wasting their time while you were playing and should have excused yourself!!! YIKES!

I am turning over a new leaf, just as the seasons are turning. The following is more for me to write this out than entertainment value for you! Continue if you wish!
I am not going to schedule time to see friends until I have scheduled my practice time in for the week. This way, I will not get distracted by hanging out with people or even running errands or doing chores. I love all of those things, so it is hard for me sometimes to separate out my work time vs. chill time. I am also going to focus on the things that motivate me!

LIKE...
Listening to one classical piece every morning through our PS3, which can stream naxos.com while I eat my breakfast and drink my morning coffee! Listening to quality music always inspires me, no matter what it is! Then, I will get ready for the day and warm up (Taffanel and Gaubert, Monroe book, scales...even some piccolo!). Then, I will asses the pieces that I need to practice, and then include some that I want to as well. Some Jazz standards with improv and some Bach sonatas for fun and sight-reading purposes. I am also memorizing the Mozart Concerto in G right now. Definitely some orchestral excerpts and some flute and guitar music!

All of that to say, I need this new spurt of motivation! Thanks for reading!

:)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yea girl! Go get um! That motivated me haha!