Saturday, November 14, 2009

Friday night

The concert was so great last night (LaPhil playing Berio Folk Songs and Schubert Unfinished)! It was a casual Friday concert, so the orchestra was wearing normal clothes which was weird at first, but nice to realize that they are all just normal people (most with poor style unfortunately). There was someone sporting river sandals with socks, or rather sladnasrevirs (a term I coined with some friends to make fun of band dorks at band camp in 7th grade) that wore that same thing. It is just river sandals spelled backwards....i know....dorky! So ugly, right....

Anyway, The performance was wonderful and I also got to hear the new principal flutist, Mathieu Dufour!!!! So AMAZING! His sound was so buttery and he didn't sound like he was even trying to make beautiful phrases. This is something I need to work on. He sounded so effortless! He was principal of Chicago Symphony from 1999-2009, and was principal of Paris National Opera Orchestra from 1996-1999. Hope I run in to him for a lesson at some point!

I didn't end up wearing the dress below bc I didn't have time to iron it, but I wore the other one I bought at the sale! It was a short concert, so Jared and I still had time to come home and have some cherry pie! :) What a great evening! Just what I needed!

No comments: