Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring time!

Birds of Paradise!
Outdoor amphitheater in Polliwog Park!
Palm Trees!
Cool Tree by the Manhattan Beach Historical Building!

I am so glad that spring time is finally here! Not to mention that summer is close, too! One of the best parts of being in California close to the ocean is that we don't have air conditioning in our apartment. When I was first looking at the apartment, I didn't even notice, and then a few days after we moved in, I was like, wait...there isn't central air/heat. This makes no sense coming from Texas! I mean, there are a few days (maybe a month) that it got pretty stinking hotttt last August, but with fans it was alright. (I will be buying another one this year!) The only downfall to the open windows with gorgeous sunlight and breeze blowing through is that you have to clean the dirty screens that trap yucky mold and dirt from coming into your home. I just cleaned them today, and feel like I can breathe so much better. Part of the problem was the fires that blew through California in the late fall. There was so much ash and dirt in the air and it stuck to the screens. Anyways, I love not having a/c now, but come August, you should check back with me and make sure I haven't baked in my house! Above are some pictures that I took while I was talking a walk around our neighborhood the other day!

1 comment:

Catherine Haskew said...

Pretty pictures!! I am sure California in the sring time is gorgeous! I hope you trip went well and that you are feeling better.