Monday, March 3, 2008

Virgin Blogger

So this is my first time...blogging that is...and I am going to attempt to make this interesting for people to read!

So you may or may not be wondering about my blog title. I just finished reading the most amazing book I have ever read last night! It is a book that Jared brought back from the conference he went to in Seattle last week (Resurgence). It is "The practice of the presence of God" by brother Lawrence (written over 300 years ago). This book can be summed up as a ton of great coffee table book quotes all rolled into one book. The only difference is that they are not cheesy, typical inspirational quotes you normally find, but rather deep, meanigful words to live by. The title of my blog comes from a conversation brother Lawrence has with a friend. He says, " Therefore, we should rejoice in our difficulties, bearing them as long as the Lord wills, because only through such trials will our faith become purified, more precious than gold" (See 1 Peter 1:7, 4:19).

My faith is constantly being refined, and I desire everyday to have it become more precious than gold. I want to share with you the things I normally think about, and hope that you can glean some encouragement from my trials and joy in life!

More to come...there is so much on my mind after reading this book!

5 comments:

Catherine Haskew said...

I am so excited you have decided to join the blog world. Can't wait to hear more thoughts about the book you just read! Love you much!

Alex & Tonya said...

Welcome to blogging!! Great first post. :)

I am definately a blog stalker, so its always exciting to have someone new to stalk. :)

Have a great day!

Ryan said...

Brother Larry blows my mind. I always connect his concepts with that of "abiding/remaining" in John 15. Def challenges me as I go to work and patently do not "abide."

Please share about this tonite at group...

I want to blog!

Casey Cease said...

You rock and so glad you are here!

Steph said...

HEY!!!!!!What a wonderful start to my day to find your wise words floating in world wide web! I am happy as a lark! I've been wishing for a long time that you start a blog...it makes you seem not so far!

Anyways, I've read this book and it is amazing!It was such an encouragement to me and a reminder that there is SO much more of God that I haven't known or experienced yet. That's exciting to me!

Well, love you! I'm super pumped about your little blog, and I can't help but smile to see my little name on your list of blogs! Now you're obligated to comment, you know!? :)