Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Fun!


My friend Kimberly came over yesterday to help set-up for an night of election fun with friends to see the results! We made some delicious chili (which I will def be making again...sooo yummy!!) as well as guacamole, and these cute little cupcakes! As you can see, I took a bite out of McCain first!
We had all just sat down to eat our chili at about 8:30 when after a commercial break, NBC cuts to a shot of a flashing sign that says, Barack Obama, 44th President of The United States with cheesy music playing in the background. It was so funny, we were all like, what just happened! They didn't even build it up or anything! They didn't even say "and because of the west coast, the electoral votes have come in, etc."...nothin'! Well, I guess I was hoping for a little more suspense than that for the party's sake, but I will take it! Congrats Obama, and we are looking forward to see how you will change America in the coming years. I know the fact that we elected the first African American Preseident is change enough for me to enjoy and be excited about for America today.
P.S. Are his kids the most adorable things you have ever seen or what? :)

P.P.S. Something you may not know about me...I was born on election day in 1984 and prevented both of my parents from voting for Reagan that year...

No comments: