Saturday, July 11, 2009

Long Time, No Blog

It has been a while...

I am sitting in my living room watching Layer Cake with Jared, his sister, and her husband (weird movie). I am researching flute and guitar music to purchase for my duo, and decided to check my blog. I haven't been on here in almost a month. To be honest, I have been away from most media except checking my email once a day because Jared and I have had guests in town last weekend and this weekend, and before that I was at my flute week at the Colburn School. After this weekend, we still have 2 more weeks of guests. Yikes! I think we might have gone overkill on inviting people this close together. I just didn't want anyone to come in August bc it gets so hot here. We are having a blast, I just don't have anytime to catch up on stuff here like practicing, getting stuff together for gigs, and teaching! (Not to mention pesky errands and to-do lists)

Anyway, Jared and I had a one night get away at the Bacara Resort and Spa in Santa Barbara on Wednesday night. It was INCREDIBLE! They had a steam room, pools, sauna, hot tubs, deep soaking tub, balcony with ocean view, patio restaurant that we ate dinner at with wine while we watched the sun set! It was such an amazing resort! I will post pictures as soon as I charge my camera! We are def going back and I HIGHLY recommend it!

Luckily, I have Mon-Wed to catch up on errands, clean, and practice before our next batch of guests get here. Our friends Mike and Catherine from Houston!

On another exciting note, Donovan (my guitarist) and I are getting some cool gigs coming up! I will let you know more when I solidify dates! :)

Also, sorry to all my LA friends who I haven't seen in forever! This summer has been crazy! I miss you...ya, you!

No comments: