Monday, September 21, 2009

A Free Saturday!

This Saturday was one of the coolest days in a while! Jared and I were able to do a few free things that were very fun!

Saturday morning we got to go see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs in 3D! It was a great film! Hilarious, beautiful to watch, and a great story! I highly recommend it! For adults and kids!

Later, I got to play at an event for Gallo Family Wine Co. at the Hollywood Bowl before the concert. I played a number of jazz tunes as well as some latin and folk songs with guitarist, John Storie. We had a great time performing, and it seemed that everyone at the party enjoyed the music as well. Jared and a few friends got to enjoy the free food and wine and then we also got to see Pink Martini that night for free at the Hollywood Bowl!

I never thought I would be playing jazz at a dinner party, but there I was! I am having such a great time with it, and hope to continue to learn more about jazz and everything you need to know to be successful at "soloing" (If that is even what everyone calls it?).

I am slowly getting more calls for students, so that is great, and I hope to land a few more cool gigs this year!

:)

No comments: