Friday, September 11, 2009

My current world of fluting!

I have been given so many cool opportunities lately, and I am extremely grateful!

I don't think it has set in yet, but I have an audition tonight for the American Youth Symphony. It is just to get on the sub list, but that would still be very cool!

I will also be auditioning for the Debut Orchestra in October!

Next Saturday, the 19th, I am playing before the Pink Martini concert at the Hollywood Bowl for a dinner party for Gallo Family vineyards! I am playing with John Storie, a really cool guitarist, and I am very excited! We are going to do a combination of jazz, latin, and others.

Recently, I also got to record with a flute choir with David Shostac playing the Vivaldi concertos! I hope I get asked back to play on the rest! I had a great time!

I have also been trying to get some more students. This is a tricky business because you have to find the kids who really want lessons and people who live semi-close to me and the studio. I am going to print flyers and hang them around MB soon, and also visit some schools!

I have also been trying to come up with places to email for gig opportunities for me and my guitarist (We are calling ourselves the Allegria Duo). I have mostly emailed museums so far. If you have any suggestions of where people might want to hear this combo, please let me know!

I have also joined a site that directs people to hire you for events. We have received 3 opportunities to bid in the last week. Hopefully someone will pick us! This is mostly for weddings and parties, which are really fun!

So, that is what I have been up to! If you have anyone who needs live music, let me know! There are recordings on my website if you haven't checked it out already!

robinbrient.com/audio

Have a great weekend! I will be watching college football ALL DAY Saturday! :) Yes, I play the flute, but I love me some football! Go Horns!

No comments: