Friday, May 14, 2010

Tex Mex??

Jared and I had a fun adventure last night to Juan's El Paso Mexican Restaurant! We walked up and the sign out front said Tex-Mex, so we figured that was a good sign. I mean, we weren't expecting El Tiempo. but we thought it might be our mex fix while we are out here. We walked in to the tiny restaurant and were seated at the back by an Asian waitress (not a good sign). Jared had a margarita which he said was actually decent (a good sign). Then, we read the menu and they had fajitas (another good sign, and which is more than I can say for some of the mexican places in LA). They came out and looked pretty good. They were even in the little skillet deal. The funny part was that they brought the tortillas out in a dim sum basket! Haha! The fajitas were ok (more like shredded chicken, but I don't know if I would go back for them! The guac was more like a pesto, and the salsa was super spicy! It was a fun experience and decent for "Tex-Mex" in London!

Today, I am trying to set up all of our bills (fun times...). It is not very convenient bc you have to call to set stuff up and then give them your bank info over the phone for direct debit. Everything is direct debit here. 5 fun calls here we come! Hopefully people will talk slow enough that I can understand them!

I also need to go get a shower curtain today bc the half shower door is not cutting it!

On a fun note, I am looking for something exciting to do tonight. Tomorrow we decided we are going to go to the Tate Modern (museum of art), which should be really fun!

We also booked our trip to Paris for the bank holiday in 2 weeks! It took us a while to find a good deal bc we are 2 weeks out, but decided we both have really wanted to go there the most out of any city in Europe, so we decided we would be cheating ourselves if we didn't go there first. It took us way too long to decide yesterday, but I am really happy with our decision! If anyone has any Paris favorites, please let me know!

Below are two pictures I took yesterday of one of the baby foxes in the backyard! They are so cute! Isn't that insane! They get scared and run away, so I had to walk veeery slow up to the window!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

omg baby fox!!! ok yeah, that's the best apartment ever. i don't even need to see the inside.