Monday, May 17, 2010

Walking, Walking, Walking...

I am not quite sure when my body is going to adjust to all of the walking we do here! It has been 3 weeks and Jared and I are still so tired and have sore legs by the end of the day. I think it is also hard bc we never get a day off from walking! We each walk about 1-3 miles per day depending on where we go. Someone at church yesterday told me that you get used to it after about 3 months. It was especially hard being pregnant the first week we were here bc I was still in the "I am going to barf bc of all of the outside smells" phase and the "I can't walk more than 3 minutes without feeling like I am having a heart attack" phase. (P.S. if you read this and you haven't seen facebook, and I didn't tell you, we are having a baby in November!! Crazy right, I know!) I feel much better now walking all day without dying, and most of the smell aversions have gone except for cigarette smoke (but I was never a fan of that anyways) and trash! Yuck!

So all of this walking talk is leading up to what we did this weekend! Walking! We decided we hadn't seen most of the main tourist spots along the river and we had to at least see them from the outside. It would have been impossible to go in them all in one Saturday. First, we went to the Tate Modern. They were having a festival for artist to come put up installations. Let me tell you, I was trying to "get inside their heads", but it just wasn't working. I was thinking "is it you, or is it me?" I just didn't get it. Most of the stuff in the actual museum was very cool, though! They had Picasso, Dali, and Warhol and more. It is in an old power plant, which makes for an interesting venue. Here are some pictures from the Modern.


We then decided to walk west along the river around dinner time so we could see the Parliament building, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and The London Eye. I still didn't believe I was actually in London when I was seeing all of these major landmarks. We will have to go back to go inside all of those places, but the sun was setting and made for some good photo ops along the way. We finished the day off at the Red Lion pub where I had fish and chips and Jared had bangers and mash (sausages and mashed potatoes in a red wine gravy!) They were both delicious! Here are some pictures from the river!


I will save all of my adventures from Sunday for tomorrow! There is already way too much in this post! :)

No comments: