Monday, June 30, 2008

Flute Focus

So last week I went to Santa Barbara for what some people would call their worst nightmare...however I call it one of the most inspiring and fun weeks of my life! I went to flute camp...more specifically Flute Focus on the campus of UC Santa Barbara. I arrived on Tuesday and got back to LA Saturday night!
So for 6 1/2 hours everyday we would all gather into the recital hall, perform for each other, and then get critiqued by two phenomenal flutists/teacher/professors (one was my undergrad professor Marianne Gedigian and the other is the professor at UCSB...Jill Felber...and lets not forget the amazing pianist who played 50 flute pieces flawlessly and incredibly...Dianne Frazer). It was so great to see both of them again, too! Each of the 25 invited flutists got to play for 30 minutes for each teacher. I learned so much about playing with dazzle, flow, inspiration, etc! I am so happy that I was able to attend, and know that this experience will remain as a huge leap in my musical career. I am so inspired by the teachers and other students at the camp. It is going to be hard not to want to play all the time!!!
Here is Flute Focus class of 2008!

No comments: