Wednesday, March 18, 2009

YOGA

I guess I am silly and quickly forget how awesome my body feels when I do yoga. I hadn't gone to a class or practiced in a couple months, but yesterday I decided to pop in one of my DVD's. It was crunch yoga, which was super fast paced. Every pose goes in and out of downward dog, so you are never relaxing. I wanted to post the pose for those of you how aren't familiar. This is why it is called downward dog!
I was sweating like a mo-fo and it felt amazing! I have now made a new goal to practice yoga atleast 3 times a week with a full video, and do a few poses on the other days for breathing. The breathing and stretching helps my flute playing so much as well. Feel free to check in on me and ask me how it is going!
I am also trying to get my parents to start practicing. Does anyone know of any good beginner yoga DVD's?
Posting this makes me want to do a few downward dogs and tree poses before I go to community group!
Peace! :)

No comments: