Friday, August 13, 2010

New projects

If you couldn't tell from the lack of posts recently, we are done traveling for a bit. It was really fun, but I think we are both glad to be back in a routine of some sort!

I wanted to share with you all what I have been up to this past week, and some projects I am interested in starting! Disclaimer: most relate to having a baby since that will be happening around 13 weeks from now (CRAZY!!!!!)

Prenatal Yoga: did it once and it has relieved a lot of pressure off my sciatic nerve and lower back!

Lots of books to read to help me learn about all things baby (trying to jot down a few main points from each book to help me remember what I learned!):

Baby Wise
The Baby Sleep Book
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
The Female Brain
The Bradley Method
Shepherding a Child's Heart

Getting my boys' dresser stocked with the essentials. Making a list of what we will need! Any suggestions!?? So far I have bought many essentials...if you count a baby boy cardigan and vest to match Jared's!?

I am interested in making some modern embroidered crafts and toys. I am going to the library today to see if they have any books to help me get started. I want to make some stuffed birds and owls for toys (I know a few people who are pregnant right now so hopefully they will be fun gifts!). I also want to try my hand at embroidering a design on a canvas bag or blanket.

On a side note, we had a great time celebrating Jared's 27th birthday yesterday, and are going out tonight to the Texas Embassy Cantina (Mexican Food!) to celebrate! I will let you know how the food fares!

>

Robin

No comments: