Monday, August 16, 2010

Texas Embassy

Friday night, Jared and I went out with our friends Mark and Lizzie to The Texas Embassy Cantina to celebrate Jared's 27th birthday! Mark is the pastor of our church out here and Lizzie is his wife. They have been a huge encouragement and blessing to us and have become our good friends out here in a short period of time! They are both amazing people with great stories and we love hanging out!

Things the Texas Embassy did well:
1. Decor - very Mexican/Texan/Cantina/BBQ joint rolled all in to one (reminded me of Texas...a little bit!)2. Margarita (so Jared tells me) was pretty good3. Onions on the fajitas were very good and they actually came out on a skillet and the tortillas came in a tortilla holder (not a dim sum basket like the last place we tried
4. Fajita meat actually had grill marks on it and was strips of chicken instead of breast tenders

Downsides:
1. Russian waitress...fail
2. Tortillas were not home made but they weren't bad either3. Salsa tasted like tomatoes with Oregano...not sure why they thought that spice would be authentic to Mexican food

Overall, a very fun time! Here are a couple pictures from the evening!We may return to this place if we are really craving a "Texan Experience," however, I think I may try my hand at making some more authentic tortillas and fajitas than I can buy here in London!

No comments: