Thursday, January 20, 2011

Poppy

As some of know, my grandfather (Dad's Dad...Poppy) passed away on my birthday (November 7, 2010), 5 days after Camden was born. I have been meaning to dedicate a post to him, but until now, it has been to hard to reflect on it. I wrote something for the funeral bc I was not able to attend, so I thought that would give you a glimpse of what an incredible man he was! :)


He always told me at church he wasn’t a good singer. He would say, “I still sing though because it says make a joyful noise to the Lord.”

He always made Andrew and I, “Poppy’s PB&J”. We always insisted he open his own restaurant. These are still the best PBJ’s I have ever had because they were made with so much love.

He had so much patience with me while teaching me how to play golf every summer. I loved being out on the course with him for hours on those hot summer days. He would take us to meet all his friends, and I remember how everyone knew him. He took the time to say hello to everyone. He was so kind.

I love playing games, and I knew that EVERYTIME I asked him to play checkers he would. That will always be our game.

Each time I called he would ask me, “How’s my favorite granddaughter”? I would say, “Poppy, I am your only granddaughter”, and he would tell me that didn’t matter.

I am so grateful to have had a grandfather who told me how special I was to him and one who made me feel so loved. Now I see how gracious and generous the Lord was in providing me with him for 25 years of my life. I brought life into this world as he was passing, and I know that his memory will live on through my son, Camden James, bearing his name and legacy into another generation. We love you Poppy, and thank the Lord for your life. I am at peace now as my son and I, join you and your sons in making a joyful noise to the Lord!


Hope you all enjoyed reading! Tell someone you love how much you love them today! Life is short and you never know how much time the Lord allows us with each other in this life! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Grandpa. :)