Friday, August 29, 2008

Attacking the Firebird!

As most of you go about your day, you are wondering how to please a certain client, are working on the computer, or wondering how to solve a math problem, but I am wondering how in the heck I am going to get the flute excerpt from Stravinsky's Firebird up to tempo by Sunday morning for my AYS audition!

I would wager to say that this is the hardest excerpt to keep in time when playing by yourself because it is in 6/8 and has a lot of short rests.And it goes FAST!!!!!!

I can play it well at dotted quarter=66 but it needs to be at 76!!! I am having a really hard time focusing because it takes so long just to get it up one click!

I am sure I will be able to accomplish this today if I put in the time!!!

On another note, I have more to say on politics in a future post, but...I love how McCain and Obama were so strategic in their picks for V.P. Since Hilary is out, McCain decides to pull a woman in for V.P. I love it! (She is a hunter and has 5 kids...one who is in the army btw! Haha!) Also, the cheesy music they play for these conventions, etc. crack me up!

Anyway, more on this later!

1 comment:

Catherine Haskew said...

So I didn't understand most of your post. I'm pretty sure you were speaking German, right? Nonetheless it sounds very hard, and I will be praying your lips will cooperate! I can't wait to here your political thoughts too :)