Friday, September 5, 2008

Tax cuts and such

Hey everybody! There has been a lot going on lately! Hence the non-post in a week!

So, all my life, my parents have always told me how the Democrats always give a tax increase to the middle class. Well, regardless of whether this is true or not, I received this link from Stefani Wilkinson's facebook recently, which shows otherwise to those in and around my income bracket.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/06/09/ST2008060900950.html

I am still weighing all of the pro's and con's of each candidate. I don't like the fact that McCain is giving a tax break to people who make above 600,000 a year and above....

So, on Tuesday I auditioned for the principal flute spot in the Pacific Symphony. It was such a great experience to see how a professional orchestra holds their auditions. I have never been that controlled over my stress/nervousness, and was able to play the excerpts to the best of my ability under pressure. I also worked up a lot of the pieces that I had previously been afraid of because they were "hard". I now feel great about taking any audition and "not knowing the pieces" will not prevent me from trying out for something! I learned a lot more, but that would just bore you!

School started Tuesday even though I don't have class on Tuesday this year which is nice. I get to play principal flute in orchestra which is also great! I am also going to be playing in the University Woodwind Quintet (which means I get another scholarship! Yay!) I like my theory class and I also am excited to start coaching chamber music and masterclass for non-major flutes!

I will start work Tuesday at the Launching Pad Preschool attached to Northrop Grumman every Tuesday and Wednesday mornings teaching music! I got to meet some of the staff yesterday and see the room, etc. and I am very excited about it! I will also start teaching flute lessons Tuesdays and hope to get more students soon!

Jared and I are going to try and rest this weekend and catch up! It feels like every night this week has flown by and we haven't gotten much talk time! I am excited about our mostly free weekend starting Saturday morning bc we have band practice for church tonight.

Well, there you have it!
















No comments: