Thursday, May 28, 2009

American Idol Report

So someone, you know who you are, has requested a post about how American Idol was. Haha!
The most hilarious thing about this entire situation is that I banned myself from watching AI this season. And I actually stuck to it (except for the episode right before we went bc I had the email about getting to go, so I thought I should familiarize myself with the contestants.

So Katie and I went last year and never got in bc they were super disorganized. They promised us tickets to the 2009 finale. About a week before the finale, sure enough I had an email with a voucher for 2 tickets.
We showed up at 2:30 pm and there was no crazy line like last year wrapping 4 city blocks. There were only about 40 people standing around in groups.
We asked where we were supposed to go, and a lady looked at our voucher and gave us 2 real tickets! REAL! She told us we could hang out until doors opened at 3:30. We went to starbucks where we saw Melinda Doolittle from last season and then went in to the Nokia theatre. We looked at the tickets more closely and noticed it said ORCH row B....I know what that means! Second row!!!! Well, we walked up to the front freaking out and it turns out row B was row A!!! We were over to the left side of the theatre, but still!!!

It was funny to see the judges come out with one body guard per judge. Paula's body guard was holding on to her bc she was sooooo tiny and every time she shook someone's hand, she almost got pulled into the crowd. Haha! She was super sweet and was saying hi to everyone in the audience. Simon was also surprisingly nice to people too and him and Paula were chatting it up during commercial breaks. That new lady was super annoying though. I hope they cut her from the show!
Both Kris and Adam were amazing live. Adam didn't sound as high pitched and screechy as he does on TV and Kris didn't sound flat in person like he does on TV. So, basically I would recommend everyone going to see it in person! ;) It was a crazy production! Oh and I didn't mention Ryan Seacrest was a jerk. He didn't even make eye contact with anyone in the audience, and was completely stone faced.

We pretty much had a blast though!

Well, I hope that was everything and more of what you were looking for! :)

No comments: